I don't know what to do with my heart so I ate it

 I didn't know what to do with my heart so I ate it.

I layed it on the floor, 

 a welcome sign for your doormat.

I juiced, squeezed and sprinkled it on your spices,

 to poison you with my charm.

I smoothed the edges, sharpened the dark areas,

 but still it wouldn't shine.

I sang it in a song.

I sang my heart out.

 but the lyrics were a little tragedy,

 you said you've had enough of tragedies.

I took her to mother earth, 

 and asked her for a spare.

but she grew flowers instead.

Sunflowers and ponies.

The thorns pickled my flesh,

  and the stems suffocated my lungs.




I didn't know what to do with my heart, so I ate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I think we made the sky blue with our eyes

Love is God itself

Soul searching.